Memory Box - Plush Heart Pocket

I'm blaming Jennifer McGuire for my latest crafting obsession.  She's been posting beautiful pictures on Instagram of her felt creations using dies which not only cut out the felt shapes for you but also provide all the guide holes for sewing.

I didn't need much more persuading as I love hand sewing, although my stitches are never neat, then she posted a really helpful video and my finger was on the pay button before I could stop myself.  In fact I made a quick list of things I could make with the heart die and once I got to 5 I realised it was really going to work for me with the added bonus that I already have everything else I needed to go with it.

Here's my 1st attempt.

I used some leftover felt to experiment and make a holder for needles and threads ready for the next project.  My stitching still isn't as neat as Jennifers, but it's much improved from my normal free-hand stuff.

The die I used is from Memory Box and is called the Plush Heart Pocket.  I ordered it from Crafts U Love and Simon Says Stamp have them too including their own exclusive Easter ones ( I love the little basket!)

YEEEEEEESSS I am back crafting!!!!!!!!!!

 Kate

Comments

Popular Posts