Kathy's Waffle Sketch - Blue Moon Beads

We've had a fabulous last week to the school holidays, we've hardly been home.  SMO took the week off work.  We tried to book into a B&B for a few days but there was nothing for a family of 5 in any of our chosen destinations, in the end we went out from home each day.  Monday on bikes, Tuesday to paddle at the local river with a picnic, Wednesday to Southampton on the train, Thursday to finish the back to school shopping and today to the swimming pool.  Exhausting, but great, family fun.

Whilst all this was going on I forgot that I had a scrapbook page in this month's Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.
I've used the DCWV Juniper Berry 6x6 stack and punched shapes out of all of the different foiled pages to build up the flowers.  The foiling is dark blue with purple tones.
The flowers have been sewn together using beads from Blue Moon Beads tubs in PB&J and Rum & Raisin.
With this photo I absolutely had to use the Specs Metal Charms from Blue Moon Beads too, there's even a heart shape pair just like she's wearing.  They're sewn onto a bit of DCWV Old World sticky ribbon that I've been hoarding.
For the finishing touches I've put a bit of hidden journaling on a tag behind the photo and I couldn't resist a few punched butterflies too.
I might have to find a 12x12 box frame for this one, I don't think it will lie flat for the album and it definitely needs yo be on display.
~ Kate ~

Comments

Popular Posts