12 Tags of 2013

I really liked Tim's June tag of the 12 tags of 2013 series.  I love the stamp set he used, it's been on my wish list for some time.  The challenge to use Distress Markers was too good to miss, so here's my tag.
I really think I need to play more with the markers as this was my favourite attempt yet.  I was particularly pleased with how the butterfly turned out.
Absolutely all of the supplies are Tim Holtz/Ranger products as details on Tim's blog post, with just a few substitutions for colours.  This close-up of the top corner shows the background stamping on the tag.  It's coloured using a Distress Paint, Distress Ink, Distress Stain combo, I really didn't want to cover it up.
You can also just see the tiny splatters of Distress marker which has given a great background effect  to the image.

~ Kate ~

Comments

Jan said…
Beautiful tag Kate xx Jan
Anonymous said…
Your butterfly turned out beautifully, and I'm with you, the background is art in it's own right. Lovely!

Popular Posts