Kathy's Waffle Sketch - April

Here's my second project using the April sketch from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.
I'd bought the 12" Darice film embossing folder to try out a few weeks ago and thought of it as soon as I saw the sketch.  I used it in my Big Kick with the 13" decorative strip cutting pads and extended platform with no problems.  I still have a demo of the set-up on my video to do list.  As you can see below the impression was really clear with no paper cracking.

I've started with white 12x12 paper that's been splattered with Chalkboard Mist in Sprout, my current favourite.  I wanted to avoid themed dinosaur papers so most of the supplies I've used are from the scraps basket, including the velum that I cut to make the circle.  I'm very glad I started to store my scraps this way, I use it all the time.  My original scraps were sorted by colour in hanging files and the box is still there somewhere buried under mountains of mess, which must mean that when I find it I can send the whole lot to the adult learning group without looking back, I can't have used it in at least 2 years.

The only 'new' products I've used are Amy Tangerine Goodness Thickers (the green letter stickers are ancient Sassafras ones I stock piled) and Bo Bunny Mamma Razzi 2 stamps.  I loved this range when it came out, is it wrong to get excited about tiny shutter stamps?  I've stamped directly on the layout where I might normally have added a pearl or dot of something.

Check out the Waffle Sketch File to see the original sketch and play along too.

Challenges:
Moving Along With The Times - Inspired by a film - Jurassic Park
Crafty-Emblies  #10 - Anything goes

~ Kate ~

Comments

Hazel (Didos) said…
Ah this is super and just right for our challenge on MAWTT this week, Thanks for playing along, Hazelxo
OOOOOO I love this page .... I love the film strip you have done ... really cute

Thanks for joining us over at CRAFTY-EMBLIES Challenge

Good luck

Tina (Design team)
OOOOOO I love this page .... I love the film strip you have done ... really cute

Thanks for joining us over at CRAFTY-EMBLIES Challenge

Good luck

Tina (Design team)
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over at Crafty-Emblies this month and hope to see you in future challenges
Elaine aka Ellapu CEDT

Popular Posts