Reason #522

I was inspired the other evening to make a scrapbook page in a different style.  The route that got me there was rather convoluted.  First off I was watching Glitter Girl's adventure #63 where she was scraplifting Wilna's in the Mood to Scrap project 'Living out Loud', so I went and watched that as well.  Then on someone's comments they had mentioned Janna Werner and I went to have a first look at her work, which is amazing, and watched her in the Mood to Scrap 'Snore' which is about washi tape.  After all of that mind blowing inspiration I made this.

Hmmm, I forgot the layer of washi tape after all that!  The papers are all American Crafts, some Amy Tangerine, some Peachy Keen.  The little embellishments are from Ready Set Go and Crate Paper.  I was really pleased to find a 'Cake & ice cream' sticker in there.

The page has got some gesso on and then splatters of Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls.  All of the little phrases stamped around are from Amy tangerine and Dear Lizzy sets.
The chalk board style letters are from BoBunny.  As well as all the other influences, I look at this and very much see Melissa Stinson's layout style too.

I've had fun and will do again, might even remember the washi tape next time.

My morning has not started well.  I have been doing battle with my bank to get a cheque book out of them and after 2 weeks it still hasn't arrived.  I gather that banks are making it more awkward for people to get cheque books as they don't want the costly administration of  cheques, no s**t Sherlock!  The chap I spoke to today was busy chatting when I was put through to him.  Eventually he acknowledged I was there, put a stop on the mythical book that was sent 2 weeks ago and ordered me another.  At the end of the call he asked me to rate his service out of 5.  I said 4 and he challenged me to ask why, so no undue influence exerted there then.  I reminded him about his little chat with his colleague, to be honest he was lucky to get a 4!  He apologised and the call was swiftly ended.  Now I'm wound up and my bills still aren't paid.

I can confirm though that the sun is shining, so maybe all is right with the world after all!

~ Kate ~
        

Comments

MagsB said…
I'm not a scrapbooker, but I know a good page when I see one lol! What a delicious picture! I love the cute yellow butterfly, too!

I agree with you about banks and chequebooks, my bank was very reluctant to give me a new one, too. Grrr!

I hope you're having a relaxing Easter break!

love Mags B x

Popular Posts