Little Book of Quotes

Things are a little chaotic this week.  I've had Easter performances to attend for both of the boys.  Branston Pickle was a Daffodil and Small-n-Grubby (who is going to be as tall as me very soon!) took a toy sheep to be blessed.  This was all accompanied by as much singing, dancing and over acting as they could get away with.

I've also had to re-photograph a card that I thought I would be blogging here this week but is now going to be delayed until a later date.  The photos attempted to achieve step-by-step pictures of the project by taking them backwards, pulling it apart very carefully as I went; and all on a dull rainy morning when you wouldn't want to try and photograph anything.

The upshot of my busy life is that I am a little behind with all things new and creative.  I find this quite frustrating when I am bursting with ideas and have several new crafty toys to play with.  I am grateful though that it isn't any other way.  What mother wouldn't want to see her 5 year old son dancing with a giant crepe paper daffodil on his head?  Or a 9 year old son pretending to be in a traditional Portuguese Easter festival having his sheep blessed. (The theme was Easter around the world and the children had filmed themselves acting out different traditions.  It was hilarious not only over acting but wonky camera angles, Miranda style asides to the camera and children bursting randomly into song for attempted camera hogging moments!)

I think I have been side tracked.  My intention was to blog the 2nd of the three paper marbling projects I made.  I have finally found a link to the products online here although I've no idea whether the samples were shown.  This time it's a little quote book using all of my favourite quote stamps that I had at the time (I have some new ones now, they're in that can't wait to get using it pile.)


The book is cut from one sheet of 12x12 black card to make a great contrast with the vibrant colours of the marbled paper.  The quotes have been stamped onto simple die-cut panels.   

For the title I've used spongy letters from Papermania and the whole thing is tied up with some spotty ribbon.
Here's a close-up I took of the marbling.

I'm entering my little book at No Matter Which Challenge #7 this month where the theme is 'Anything Goes'  and don't forget if you use your favouite stamps on a project there's still time to enter the 'Favourite Things' challenge at By The Cute And Girly.

~ Kate ~

Comments

Unknown said…
Fab proejct, sorry does not qualify for entry at NMWC. We require a stamped image to be your focal point, a sentiment just doesn't satisfy our rules. Cheers Suzanne (Owner)

Popular Posts