Kathy's Waffle Sketch File

I love creating with Kathy's sketches and so I was very pleased and quick to say yes when she asked me to join the design team.

The February sketch is up at the Waffle Sketch File here, you can twist it, shrink it, turn it, stretch it and create any kind of craft with it.  I've gone for a 12x12 scrapbook page using an old photo of our daughter's second Christmas.

The snowflake patterned papers are from BoBunny Snow Days which I chose to compliment the colour of the parcels in the photo.  I had originally bought the papers because I liked the way that yellow was incorporated into a winter theme and, as there was yellow on the teddy gift sack in the picture, I chose an old piece of DaisyD's paper to cut the circle from.  The music paper at the back is from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, as I didn't want to go all out with the Christmas themed papers.

I originally had a different idea in mind for the title, but I saw a little Echo Park card with 'Better not pout!' on it and changed my mind as it matched her expression so well.  The card itself was green, red and silver-grey and I just couldn't work it in to the page, so instead I used stickers and Thickers to make up the wording on a piece of card from the same Echo Park sheet, but in in different colour scheme.

The journalling comes down from the top of the page with a little decorated section diagonally across from the photo and I've decorated all across the diagonal with old K&Co stars, cabochons and dots of Stickles.

Update from yesterday: I survived a night in the dance show dressing rooms but it definitely was a long day and my legs ached at the end of it. Off to watch the actual show tonight.

** Kate ** 

Comments

Popular Posts