Cheeky Monkeys

.....and now for something completely different!  Which is the name that Shimelle has given to the series at UK Scrappers which is focused on trying out new techniques and ideas for pages.  This month the step-by-step instructions used bright, zingy patterned paper, a photo strip and winding twine around brads.  All things I don't typically use on my pages.  Here's how mine turned out.
I have to say that during the process I didn't like it at all but, once I added the journalling on the left to balance out all the activity on the right, I was really pleased with it.  I'd recently rediscovered where my stash of white 12x12 had been hiding and so there will be a few more pages now starting from a completely white background.  For the photos I opened a Word document and inserted  text boxes of the same size onto a landscape page.  Once I had inserted the pictures I wanted into the boxes, I removed the lines from around the edge of the boxes and moved the images until they were touching.  So I didn't waste half a sheet of A4 photo paper, I ran a different set along side for use on another page.
All of the papers are Amy Tangerine Sketchbook and the large letters are from her earlier line, never has one set of alphas been used to make so many titles, I will be buying some more of them if I spot them.  The smaller foam letters are from Papermania and the twine is Jilly Bean Soup.  Nearly forgot to say the little doily is from Poppy's Cabin.
I'd been admiring Dylusions sprays on other peoples projects and decided to take the plunge and try some to brighten up my subtler mists, I love them!!!!  This one is Fresh Lime and I also have Bubblegum Pink as Rhonda had said they were her top 2 choices.

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa-Jane said…
I'm looking forward to using this design too. You've done a wonderful job there.
Neil said…
Hi Kate
Thanks for visiting my blog this morning, I keep my embossing folders in the "seed" boxes, to answer your question.
Hope you have a nice day!
Lisa-Jane said…
LOL, you made me laugh. Its my daylight lamp! Its just pushed up out of the way (for a change!)

Popular Posts