BTCAG mid-month spring make with ombre

I've learnt a new crafting word this last week - 'ombre'.  It's taking various shades of a colour and graduating them across your project.  There's lots of great examples currently at Pink Paislee's blog.  I was experimenting with my mid-month project for the By The Cute And Girly's spring theme.
I think I've achieved a more monochrome effect in the end, I'll have to play around with the technique a bit more.
It still feels a lot like winter most days, but when spring is in the air that means new growth and the birth of new little ones.  I created a boy version of this image here for Handy Hippo at the beginning of the month and, to cover all eventualities in my stand-by card supplies, I thought I would make a girl version too.  
I've coloured the image (Bella Sleeping from Wild Rose Studio) with Copics and used BoBunny Sophie papers throughout.  The flowers were cut and quilled during one of the Twilight movies on TV last night and were done before I knew it.  I added a few punched details as well and and a sentiment from a sheet of stamps designed by Paula Pascual.
If you haven't entered our challenge yet this month then head over to the By The Cute And Girly blog and check out the mid-month projects from all of our design team.

At Bunny Zoe's the new challenge #24 is up and it's 'Anything Goes', so I'm entering my card for the challenge over there.

** Kate ** 

Comments

Alison said…
What a pretty card..love the flower cluster!
Alison xx
Brigitte said…
I love, love, love this card!!! The image, flowers and tiny butterflies are all wonderful!!! hugs, Brigitte
Brigitte said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
nnalorac said…
This is just so sweet Kate, loving this image and your pretty flowers. Carolxx
Pia S said…
The flowers are really impressive. This is such a lovely card! Love it!

Popular Posts