Bee Happy

Busy as a little bee at the moment and so very appropriate that I have a bee themed make today.  This is a make of left-overs, sporadic, random, recycling.
The card was a piece I had been experimenting on before working on my actual tags for Tim's Creative Chemistry 101 course.  It's misted a the base level with Tumbled Glass re-inker and then has some acrylic Dabber paint on the top where I have scraped off my palette knife.  There are also a few more unidentified splodges on there from drips and spills.
I've stamped over the top with a selection of images from the MME Follow Your Heart stamp set, but I wanted a bigger bee to be the focal point.  In the end I dug out an Inca stamp that I've had for years.  I used to use it a lot when I was stencilling on walls as a little extra detail flitting among the flowers.
For the embellishment I used the petals from an old silk flower display that I had broken up and saved in a cookie jar.  The spotty brad in the centre is probably a Dovecraft one, again it comes from the 'I used to use these a lot' section of my craft supplies.

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar - Spring Clean - use old supplies and make embellishments
Try It On Tuesday - Easter/spring
Simon Says Stamp and Show - A tag
Simon Says - Anything Goes

I think this could be the start of a series of tags with 'Bee.....' slogans, I'll add it to the list!

** Kate **      

Comments

Meggymay said…
A beautiful tag, super background. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this week.
Yvonne
Candy C said…
Very pretty, bright Springy tag! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy
Evil Edna said…
Brillant, love this creative and fresh tag.thank you for joining us at ToiT. EE
Mrs.B said…
A great tag, love the background you have created.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril

Popular Posts