Wishi Washi

The Daring Cardmakers are having a washi tape theme this week and, as I have more washi tape than one person can use in a lifetime, I thought I would play along.
I've been jump starting my creativity again, sadly the January Jump Start is at an end, but there have been some marvellous ideas and some introductions to new creative souls to stalk.  So my tag started out as playing with acrylic paint and then seeing where it would take me.  I've added to Claudine Hellmuth gesso to soften the colours and then blown Lettuce Adirondack Color Wash over the top.  The little lace doily is a Pink Paislee stamp, I think these are my most used stamp set from 2011, looking forward to what Pink Paislee will be launching for 2012, like these:
Of course there has to be some washi tape on there too.  I've used some greens from PaperMash, there's lots of new colours in stock now if your collection doesn't have enough!
The little word 'home' is from a MLS letter set and I've covered it with spotty tape from Cath Kidston that I got for Christmas, I think it came from here. The little key and heart stickers are Amy Tangerine, I'm almost through my first set of those.  I finished the whole thing off with a dodgy bit of sewing with a battery operated machine that I am trying out.  It works well on fabric, not so well on card, haven't tried thinner layers of paper yet.

** Kate **

Comments

Kathy said…
This is lovely, Kate - happy that we were able to help you make use of your Washi tape! hehe Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week
Gez Butterworth said…
Fabulous tag Kate. I love the colours and remember.. a girl can NEVER have too much washi tape! ;-)

Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers challenge.
Rika said…
Wonderful tag,
thanks for playing!
Jo said…
Gorgeous tag - and fab use of washi tape :) I love how the stitching turned out and amazing stamping too!
Oscar said…
Fantastic tag Kate! Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Popular Posts