Sunday Stamper #190

In a rash moment of celebration over at Hels blog, she asked for suggested themes for the Sunday Stamper challenge.  In an even rasher moment, I suggested bubbles and Hels said something along the lines of "Great let me have your entry by Saturday night then", eh, what?  I jest, really I was thrilled that she asked me to put forward a sample project, so thrilled in fact, I made 2, a Holtzy one and a Cutesy one.
This is the Holtzy one.  It started life as a manila tag and was then inked to within an inch of its life with Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks, some of which was inked on through sequin waste.  I was quite pleased to find some tiny sequin waste recently, so I was able to vary the size of my bubbles.  In homage to Hels, I got out the Claudine Hellmuth Trad Tan paint and slapped it on some bubble wrap which I used to print some more bubbles.  As if that wasn't enough, I felt some genuinely BIG bubbles were needed, so I printed some with an old cookie cutter dipped in Claudine Hellmuth's Modern Red paint.

The stamping was all done using PaperArtsy stamps from the Bricks & Mortar sets 1 and 3.
For the Melody Ross butterfly I started with Classic Teal paint, then more of the tan printed bubble wrap and then some dark blue cookie cutter bubbles.  To finish off I coated the whole butterfly with Rock Candy Distress Stickles and whilst it was still wet sprinkled on the tiniest amount of DoodleBug Sugar Coating for extra shimmer.
The bottom of the tag was inspired by a Fat Face clothes label, I was going to machine stitch it but I had my sewing basket out to sew some Cub Scout badges on Small-N-Grubby's uniform and thought it would be good to give it a messy rustic hand sewn look.

Almost forgot to mention the cute little charm attached at the top of the tag.  It's a mini Christmas decoration from Paperchase, couldn't resist them.

Here's a look at my Cutesy project.
I'll post the details tomorrow, as this post's getting long enough, along with a mini tutorial on the bubbly effect. Also I'll be checking in over at the Sunday Stamper challenge to go and visit all the bubbly makes.

** Kate **

Comments

Hi Kate...fabulous Tag...the PaperArtsy Stamps just cry out for attention, i'm just getting into them myself...love the colours & techniques on show...the oversized butterfly & adorable stitching finish off this superb Tag...Mel :)
Elaine said…
Great suggestion for a challenge. Love your Holtzy tag - the blue and orange really brighten up a dull Sunday!!
Helen said…
Great theme you set for Hels, love your entries. Hope to play along.

Popular Posts