More Bubbles

Yesterday I blogged my bubbly creations for Sunday Stamper #190 and I said I would be back today with a very simple step-by-step guide for making these type of bubbles...........
..........and here I am!

It's quite simple and made even easier by the use of one of these little tools.
You could draw around coins, punched shapes or die-cuts, but using a circles ruler is the quickest.  With a pencil draw circles all over the area you want to decorate using different sized circles with some overlapping.
Select a pen and on scrap paper check that it doesn't smudge or fade when rubbed with an eraser.  I've used a Whisper pen for this example.  Then on your project start adding dots all around the pencil outlines.  You don't need to be accurate or follow the lines exactly.  Make the dots more frequent and closer together when near the lines and less as you move further away.
Make sure the ink is dry and then rub out the pencil lines and you're done.
I made my card with a combination of Prima and Stampendous stamps coloured with Distress Inks.  It makes a great background for Tilda or Simply Sassy using Copics/Promarkers too.
** Kate ** 

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
what a brilliant technique .. i don't have one of those acrylic templates .. but i am sure i could make one out of card .. a great idea
Lisa x
Brigitte said…
This is awesome Kate!!! I will have to give it a try! Hugs, Brigitte
Lisa-Jane said…
What a great technique!
nnalorac said…
Great idea Kate, have to give this a try. Cute cards, love your little boy one, so cute. Carolxx
Julia Dunnit said…
So effective Kate, what a great share, thanks!

Popular Posts