A Hard Theme

Away with Autumn, I headed back to Summer last night for a couple of projects.

The 1st was a card for the Fab & Funky challenge #91 to try out a technique or theme you find hard.  I've gone for 'no lines' stamping which I first saw pioneered over at Make It Crafty, but you know how these things travel around blogland, so apologies if I've got that wrong.
I've used a strawberry picking Tilda with an Angel Pink Memento ink pad.  The colouring was tricky/different and I was particularly pleased with how her hair turned out.  What I hadn't expected to be difficult was making up the card, but actually it was awkward trying to find papers and embellishments that didn't swamp the stamped image.  I think I might try again with a shabby chic kind of look in Sepia colours.
I was trying to make my own punched, layered flowers for another challenge when I noticed that some of the cut away petals looked like little strawberries, so I went for a punched out collection of strawberries, flowers and leaves.  See below for details of the papers used.
Challenges:
Fab & Funky #91 - A hard theme
Moving Along With The Times #117 - 3 patterned papers (MME, Echo Park and BoBunny)
2 types of embellishment (punch shapes and ribbon)
1 image (Tilda)
Try it On Tuesday - Wonderful world (where would we be without strawberries!!)
Fussy & Fancy - Try a new technique

I'll post the 2nd project I made a bit later otherwise my morning will be gone sat at the pooter.

** Kate ** 

Comments

Nicola said…
Gorgeous card Kate, love your 'no lines' Tilda, she's fab and I think your strawberries and flowers are beautiful!
Thanks for entering our Try a new Technique challenge this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx
Lisa Jane said…
oh this is so cute Kate .. i love the little strawberry border
Thanks for joining us for our recipe challenge this week at MAWTT
Lisa x
Kathy said…
this is lovely Kate - your shading looks so soft and delicate
Hazel (Didos) said…
Ah this is sweet, love the strawberry vine, Thanks for playing with our recipe on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo
Debs said…
Fabulous card Kate - love your 'no lines' stamping technique.
Thanks for cooking up my recipe challenge at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Popular Posts