Share

As well as catching up from my holiday, making DT samples and competition entries, I have had my eye on 2 online scrapbook classes.  I am hoping to complete a few from Shimelle's weekend and also playing along at the current Big Picture class (details on the top right sidebar).

The big Picture class has been running for a few days now, but I was waiting to see how the prompts each day would combine together so that I could decide on what overall project I am going to make.  My decision has been made and I am going to attempt to make a page for each prompt, using the PDF provided, printed onto plain white 120gsm A4 paper, but with a different ink or paint technique on each one.  I think I've jotted down enough ideas to take me through the whole course.  The 1st day's prompt was 'Share' and of course I will be sharing the technique I use for each page here on my blog.
I've used Vintage Photo Distress Stain to make my coffee stains and splats.  The splats are made direct from the bottle (practice on spare card to make sure you have saturated the applicator with enough ink).  The coffee cup circles are stamped with a cookie cutter which has been swiped with the stain (I keep a spare set from the £1 shop for all my messy crafting).
One of Shimelle's challenges was to combine stickers on a page from more than one collection.  I took a mini book class with Shimelle at Scrap-A-Mia 2010 where she showed us how she combined stickers, die-cuts and punched elements.  It made me look at stickers and embellishments in a new way.  I'm no longer put off by the wording on some elements, I know there is a way to utilise everything.  The stickers here are from Sassafras and Girls Paperie combined with scraps of Prima and Cosmo Cricket.
I'm not planning on combining all my projects from the 2 online classes but as I was using this sticker technique anyway I thought I would for this one.

The picture is from my recent holiday.  I was hoping that all of the Big Picture prompts would be compatible with the photos from that week so my album of words will double up as a holiday memento.  We will have to see, I'm already struggling with that idea a little.

** Kate **

edited to add that I made a terrible omission not stating that the inspiration for today's word 'share' was brought to us by the lovely Amy Tan. 

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Hi Kate - love this page and thanks for sharing how you did the 'coffee spills'. I've got several photos of food & drink taken on various holidays at home and abroad but never put them into a layout - might just dig them out and see what I can come up with. Elizabeth x
Jules said…
Hi Kate

I am pleased that Elizabeth pointed you in my direction. You have a gorgeous blog with some wonderful work on it!!!

Thank you for starting to follow my blog .. .. I am following you too now as I don't want to miss what you are up to.

The project you have shown here is gorgeous. I love all the slodges and the heart!!

Love Jules xx

Popular Posts