The Counterfeit Guest by Rose Melikan

Book #6 - The Counterfeit Guest by Rose Melikan.

I'm behind with my book reviews as I finished this one over Easter.  I have about 4 on the go at the moment, all about half way through, so I think I should easily manage a target of 20 in 2011 and then I will see if I can top that for 2012.

The Counterfeit Guest was another bargain shop buy that I picked up without realising it was the 2nd in a series.  Set in the late 1700's in England during the French Revolution.  There's a good heroine - Mary Finch and a very slow burning romance.

After a promising start, I realised it was one of those books where you discover you are over half-way through and nothing has happened yet!  It redeemed itself with an exciting finish, but was definitely not a page turner.

** Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts