Birdsong

It's been raining here on and off for days now and so I desperately needed to find some crafting time to cheer me up. I'd already said I was itching to get started with the new Birdsong collection from Papermania and, inspired by card designs in the latest magazine by Phill Martin and Melanie Marshall, I made these.
The stamps work beautifully and I was especially pleased with the quality of the large tree. It's a big stamp with lots of details, but it worked well. I also liked that there were some absolutely tiny bird stamps in the set that I used to add extra birds in a contrasting colour.
Challenges:
Craft Your Passion #39 - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft #122 - Up In The Air
Scrapbook Sisters #17 - Anything Goes
I think my next order will have to include a few more bits from this collection. The only non DoCrafts thing I've added to my creations is a little branch on the front of the gatefold card. I couldn't see anything to use instead but there are 2 more stamp sets in the collection and I think I have already spied something in there!

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
as you know i am not a bird lover - but i do love the tree.. i got a similar stamp yesterday
You have inspired me to ink it up
Lisa ;)
These ar great Kate especially that big tree! and love your colours. xx
Chrissie said…
Wow, there are some lovely cards here, I think my favourite is the one with the leaves down the left hand side with the bird nestled in them!
Thanks for joining our 'Up in the Air' challenge at My Time To Craft this week!
Chrissie
Hannapanna said…
Gorgeous cards, Kate! Love the trees and the birds. Hugs, Hanna
Nancy said…
These are all so pretty!!
Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge.
debby4000 said…
Gorgeous cards Kate.
luv
debby
Just gorgeous hun, even tho I have a really bad phobia of them little featheres things I can cope with seeing them on paper lol & they look super!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, Good Luck!
Hugs Shell xx
Stephanie said…
Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
karen said…
Thank you for entering your fantastic card in our 17th Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Hugs from Julie and Karen xxx
Debs said…
gorgeous hon...i was looking at these at the weekend and youve certainly given me some inspiration.. :0)...i cant to get back in the swing of things just a few more DT projects to finish up then my new stash can come out to play :0)
Kathy said…
These are all lovely

Popular Posts