We will always have Paris - part #3

Here is the final instalment in the Parisian trilogy, very different style to yesterday's project.
I started out with the lovely new mini stencils from Prima that come in a set of 5. They are all bolted together which I didn't quite get the idea of, so I snipped them apart and spritzed over the Eiffel tower with meadow green Glimmer Mist. Then leaving the stencil in place I layered one of the frames from the same set over the top and then used my favorite Glimmer Mist - Dewberry.
I stamped all around the edges in VersaFine blank ink using a making Memories stamp set called Passport. The edges of the paper were then distressed using a water technique. I cut a frame from packing card and painted it with cream acrylic paint. I stamped it with blue text from PaperArtsy and black Laura Ashley butterflies (see I said the black butterflies were now a regular feature - think I need them on my blog header). After a good sanding to rough all the edges up, I rubbed gold metallic rub around them.
I like the look of the printers blocks that people like Hels use on their projects, but I don't have any, so I decided to create some. I cut plain packing card and inked it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I then reversed some old chipboard letters and splattered them with various colours of acrylic paint. Stuck it all together with a Cosmo Cricket tag and flower and I was done.

I'm entering the following challenges:

Sir Stampalot September - All distressed
Artistic Stamper - Rainbow (I've packed as many colours in there as I could)
Sunday Stamper #119 - All kinds of everything
Stamp Man Challenge #5 - Distress
Daring Card Makers - Masks (lucky fluke that they launched that one today!)

One last thing. Don't forget if you splatter paint anything, put some spare white card underneath and you automatically get an extra piece of art.....
.......or perhaps that's just a load of old Pollock's.

** Kate **

Comments

Rita said…
Fabulous Card, I love it. Rita xx
Hels Sheridan said…
Wow hunny, this is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!"! Love your letterpress blocks..I thought that they were real! Needing to investigate those new stencils.. I can feel a purchase coming on LOL Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
Kathy said…
oh Kate, what a lovely project this is - so much work too, but worth every minute.
Perfect for this week's The Daring Cardmakers' challenge
PinksyDoodles said…
Great project! I love the "printers blocks" you have made.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x
brenda said…
Hi Kate

Wow, really super work, lots of work but really worth all the effort for such a great end result.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x
pinky said…
You've really went to town here Kate, gorgeous piece of work and good tip about the underneath paper lol.
Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky
Sally H said…
What a fabulous project with lovely distressing! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Tracy said…
Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Francesca said…
A wonderful Card , love the distressing.
Thanks for joining us this month at Sir Stampalot and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
Lynda said…
Fabulous project Kate - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx
Louise said…
Lovely Parisian theme and beautifully distressed!
Am amazed by the amount of challenges you can claim with one piece of artwork!
Linapyssel said…
Faboules distressing...beautiful!
Thank you for loining at Sir Stampalot this month
Lina xx
Wonderful piece, and and thank you for joining in the challenge at ASCT
Jennie

Popular Posts