Monday Musings

Well now that's something that hasn't happened here in a while, musing on a Monday. It was Hels that set me off with Sunday Stamper #121 - Movies. I thought I would make a tribute to a film that I would place, without hesitation, in my top 5 greatest films ever made Gone With The Wind.
My mum would not agree with this praise, referring to a trip to see it as "4 hours of misery."
My tribute became more poignant when I was researching the text I wanted to use. I knew 'Gone with the Wind' was in the opening lines somewhere, in fact the text I wanted is the prologue. As I was googling away I realised that Cammie King Conlon had died earlier this month. Cammie, at the age of 4, played the part of Bonnie Blue Butler in the film, the daughter of Scarlett and Rhett.

With her passing, the cast of the film pass into history, iconic film stars of a golden age. "Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered, a Civilization gone with the wind...."

** Kate **

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wonderful piece of art Kate! A great tribute to an epic film!
Hannapanna said…
This is gorgeous Kate. The colours goes very well together and the image is beautiful. Hugs Hanna
Hels Sheridan said…
'Gorgeous art hun, loving the sentiment... and.. have never seen the film... read the book though :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Popular Posts