V&A

There's a new line out for DoCrafts licensed by the Victoria and Albert Museum. The first in the series is based on their quilt collection. I've used it for today's challenge card.
The colours are lovely. I bought the 6x6 size and the ditsy floral prints are just perfect for Tildas, Nellies and other similar cuties.

The Daring Card Makers and looking at Aquamarine this week as it's the birthstone for March. Their blog says that the stone comes in many shades of blue and green so hopefully one of the blue shades on my card will be similar, although I think I have gone a little dark.
The Tent card is for Just Magnolia challenge #45. There's a tutorial on the blog to make the card. It's made from pieces of 6x6 card so if you are a cardmaker who doesn't buy 12x12 cardstock this is a good way to join the pieces to make a 6 inch card.

I've water coloured Tilda to match the V&A papers. She's sitting on a floral stamped border from the V&A range that comes with the latest issue of DoCrafts Creativity! magazine.
Finally, Creative Inspirations challenge #50 has a theme of 'Lace, Pins and Pearls'. I've raided my jewellery kit to make the pin, the lace is from Fancy Pants and the black pearls are Papermania.

Yesterday's cowgirl party went well. We line danced, ate American grub, pinned the tail on the donkey and had a plastic bottle target range that we threw scrunched up paper at. I'm kicking myself though, we were so busy I completely forgot to take any pictures - why do I always do that?

Creative Moments blog party is underway and as I type there are already several interesting tutorials posted and more updates are due throughout the day.

Leave me a comment to let me know you've stopped by!!

** Kate **

Comments

Kathy said…
You are just so good at using these images, Kate. The colour is beautiful - reminds me of deep Turkish waters
Lythan said…
What a great way to use a magnolia stamp and I love the rich colours. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week:)
Lisa Jane said…
Gorgeous card - the tent stye really suits Tilda - i love the new papers
Lisa ;
Aunty Sue said…
Lovely card and great papers thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations
debby4000 said…
Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful colours and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby
mrsk06 said…
Hi Kate

Gorgeous card and i love tilda just sitting there it finishes the card off a treat!

Take care

Sal xx
Pop's Cards said…
This is gorgeous i love the image so sweet and a gorgeous pin too, great take on challeneg 50 at Creative Inspirations hugs Pops x x x
Sheila said…
Great tent card love the papers.
Thanks for joining us this week on JM.
Hugs
Sheila xx
Janiel/ janny said…
Beautiful Tent card!!
Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

Popular Posts