Through the arched window

A few might remember Playschool with Brian Cant, but it's been a while now!

Spent yesterday crafting, blog hopping and chatting whilst suffering from a cold.
The crafting didn't go well and included green glimmer mist being sprayed down the front of the fridge! Here's one of the projects that I was struggling with.
She is practically the only thing usable that came out of a day's crafting, but I do like her. I bought the cards years ago, can't for the life of me think why, and have never used them.

I'm playing along with 2 photo inspiration challenges with this one. Caardvarks and BasicGrey #15. All the papers are BG and the cage stamp. I realised Tilda's feet were going to hang over the bottom of the card so I extended it with a strip punched using a Fiskars border.
Punched out all the flowers and made the little seagull from an old Hobbycraft stamp.
The butterfly is from an X-cut dimensions punch, I've just snipped it free from the paper and finished it with Papermania jewels.

Got up at lunchtime today, finished this card off and now I think I might go back to bed before I have to go out later. I suppose with all the children having been ill it was inevitable that it would end with me at some point!

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
Oh dear how old do i feel - i remember Brian Cant well !! I also remember Floella benjamin lol!
Love your card - its wonderful. great image and coloured so well
Lisa ;)
Kaz said…
Yep I remember Brian Cant too. This is a lovely card. I've dropped turquoise perfect pearls myself- it goes everywhere doesn't it?
Amy C said…
So beautiful!! I love the window on the card, the beautiful flowers, and ofcourse the lovely Tilda image. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!
debby4000 said…
Oh this is adorable, love the sweet image and fab details.
luv
Debby
Eva said…
Ohhh...what a sweet little card you made! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Caardvarks!
maddy hill said…
oh kate your card is delightful ! i love the 3d effect -

thanks for entering the candy !
good luck !
love
maddy xxx
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, this really is just simply gorgeous!!! Beautiful take on the challenge :-)
Anonymous said…
Hey Kate, No it's not a die cut, it's actually chipboard. I used it as a mask for that card then painted it to use on this layout. Thanks for stopping by!!
Chris said…
Such a sweet card and a very cute Tilda! Love your colouring and design too, the window effect is gorgeous. LOl re the glimmer mist, did similar myself today, it gets everywhere!! Hope you feel better and thanks for joining us at BG Challenges this time. Chris :)
jo said…
I remember Brian Cant too!!! (and little Ted, Big Ted and Hamble!)

Cute card!!!

Popular Posts