Down By The Sea

The sea is this week's theme for the Daring Card Makers so I thought I'd have a go with an old lighthouse stamp and a make a bit of a collage.
I've used techniques from the May 2009 issue of Craft Stamper to give the idea of a sketchbook effect.

Out of town Tesco visit today to try and fill some gaps in the little peoples school wardrobes and see what other goodies I can pick up. Whilst I'm there I need to see if there are any sunglasses left around after a disastrous day yesterday. My eyes are quite sensitive to the sun and so I always carry my sunnies with me. On the way in to town yesterday I managed to snap the arm off my trusty pair. I did find a pair in M&S but they weren't quite dark enough. I took them back inside all of 2 minutes after I bought them and the woman at the till. who assured me I could return them, refused to cancel the transaction without me going upstairs (with pushchair) to the information desk. Grrrrr. As a result I still have the glasses and will use them until I find something better.

** Kate **

Comments

SueH said…
I love that ‘Sketch Book’ effect Kate, it works so well with your Lighthouse.
In fact looking at it, it doesn’t look like a rubber stamp at all.
It’s a great card!

Sue
x
Lythan said…
What a beautiful collage Kate. I love the way you have used the image and the cluster of embellishments too. thanks for Daring
Janice said…
Great card, love your lighthouse. I wear my sunnies in the car all the time, even when it's dull and raining, and find that Boots is a good place to get them at a reasonable price.
Lynda said…
Your card is gorgeous - I love the collage effect and you've coloured the image beautifully.

Lynda xxx

Popular Posts