String

HS:MS
A linear material often made from twisted cotton or hemp. Find 'string ' in your space today.
Yesterday's achievement : Got some tidying up done in the kitchen.

The Mars bar was purchased and fortified me as I walked up the hill, the weather was also good and I stayed dry. Small-N-Grubby, however, slipped in some mud and landed face down in a puddle. You wouldn't believe the amount of hassle such a little slip up could create. First of all there is the sobbing and "I'm just not having a good day speech", then I had to wash his coat when we got in. Being a nice thick winter jacket there was no way of drying it for today and, as snow is predicted across the UK, I sent to Grandma's where next winter's coat is already in storage. The Dinky Diva goes off on one " he's got 2 coats, it's not fair, I want that bigger coat, it WILL fit me....." and so on. I have to guiltily admit that some days I do like the peace and quiet when they have both gone to school!

Off to bake now as there is a cake sale after school this afternoon.

** Kate **

Comments

Diane Rooney said…
Love the photo, Kate. Great colour too. Hmm cakes.. happy baking ! :)
cookcreateread said…
Great colour! Fab shot :) mmmm mars bars .....
maz said…
Now that looks like a useful ball of string. I can never find any when I need any!
Unknown said…
Great shot - the colour of the string reminds me of the blue soup in Bridget Jones film.
Jolanda said…
Love the stringball
Rach said…
Great shot - I love the colour.
Aubrey Harns said…
Great shot - you really get a sense of the feel of the fiber!
Aubrey
Sarah said…
Lovely string, great colour. You are so brilliant for baking for the cake sale. I can't bake, wouldn't even know where to begin, so I always pretend not to have seen the cake sale letters!

Popular Posts