Journaling challenge

I made this lo for an online crop I'm going to join this weekend at the Fisk-A-Teers. The challenge is to journal in a different way - challenge yourself. In my case, as my journaling is minimal, I have written much more.

I wanted to keep the lo to black, white and pink to emphasie the colour in the photo, but I only had black textured card in 8x8. Then I remembered a sketch I'd made on how to use 8x8s for a 12x12 lo (taken from a DCWV demo). Here's the sketch.


Use one whole sheet of 8x8, cut another in half and either use it for the two 8x4 pieces or (as I did) for an 8x4 and the 4x4. Then cut the remaining piece you need from a 3rd sheet. Fix the 4 pieces together with sticky ribbon and you have a 12x12 page.

On the lo I also got to use one of my new Twinkle Type letters (currently on offer at Lakeland ). There was a lot of glitter in the box and some letters have a few bald patches but it doesn't show on the photo.

Now that I have this lo finished I might challenge myself even further for Saturday's class.

Before I go I must mention PARCELS have arrived, like buses they all came at once (well 3 of them anyway). In particular DCWV olde world textured card - can't wait to go and make something.

** Kate **

Comments

Popular Posts