'Failed'? Spring Blossoms


There's been a lot of chat on the blogs recently about unsuccessful competition entries so I thought I would post a picture of this card. I entered it in the QVC Spring/Summer competition under the title 'Spring Blossoms'. I was really pleased to see it on the wall behind the presenters, but realised that probably meant I hadn't won. I'm still really pleased with it and it doesn't deter me from trying again, I have had successes - just not this time.

I coloured the pale background papers with Distress Ink pads. The green paper is my current favourite DCWV textured card. The tree is stamped using a bamboo image from the Asian See-D pack. The individual blossoms were inked, stamped on spare paper, then stamped on the card to get a pale image. Extra flowers were added using 3d foam after they were clear embossed and coloured with watercolours. The flowers were finished off with Papermania sticky jewels. The buckle is from TLC and is coloured with glimmer chalks.

I have entries for other competitions in the pipeline, so fingers crossed.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts